LTM Voiceover Classes: Rules and policies
Last updated: 09/03/2015
By registering for my classes, lessons and/or events, you are agreeing to the following policies, so please make sure you read and understand the following rules and policies BEFORE registering for my classes, lessons, events, or other offerings. If you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask!
Payment and registration
- Your FULL payment reserves your spot in a class or event. Your spot in a class or event is reserved ONLY if and when payment is received in full. Spots CANNOT be held for any classes or events without payment IN FULL in advance of the event.
- All payments are final--there are no refunds for changes or cancellations under ANY circumstances. Registration for a class, event, lesson or other service is a binding agreement that you accept upon purchase.
- There are no make-up sessions for missed classes or events.
- Private sessions are subject to my 48-hour cancellation policy: if you need to cancel OR reschedule a private session, you must do AT LEAST 48 hours before the scheduled session or the session fee is due in full. Lessons may be rescheduled ONLY if both of us have availability to reschedule by the end of that same week.
Employment in the field
- Although many of my students find success in their respective experiences in the industry, please remember that taking my classes or private lessons, attending my events, or meeting guests at my events are NEVER guarantees of employment.
- If you call ahead to say you are running late, we will hold your space until you arrive. Although we understand that things like traffic delays, subway/train issues, etc. happen, it’s important that we keep out classes full and maintain a professional atmosphere for all students and guests. Therefore, if you are running late, PLEASE call AT LEAST TEN MINUTES BEFORE the start of the event, as we won't be able to accommodate you once the class has started (and we will be busy setting up right before the event)! It is your responsibility to arrive fully prepared and on time--just as you would for a professional audition or meeting. With this in mind, take it upon yourself to make the appropriate arrangements--leave a few minutes early, take a different mode of transportation, etc.--to make this possible for yourself.
Scheduling, cancellations and postponements
- I am very up front with everyone I teach that I am, first and foremost, a performer. (And it is my rich performance career is what allows me to be a good teacher.) To that end, if I book an audition, callback, shoot, recording session, etc. that conflicts with a class I am scheduled to teach, I must reschedule the class. Due to the nature of the industry, this can happen as late as the night before a class, or in some rare cases, sometimes even the same day (though this is EXTREMELY rare, and has never yet happened to me)! In this case, I will always do my very best to accommodate everyone’s schedules when rescheduling, but that is, of course, not always possible. While I am often able to arrange my schedule sufficiently, I have had this situation arise a few times (in which I book something that conflicts with a class I have scheduled) and each time, I have been able to work out an alternative that has been sufficient for everyone involved. HOWEVER, I cannot guarantee that that will be the case every time; if you are not comfortable with this possibility, you may wish to seek coaching elsewhere.
- Since my guests are also prominent industry professionals, circumstances occasionally necessitate postponements, substitutions, and cancellations. In such cases, I do my best to reschedule or replace a guest with an equal-level guest from the same office if possible. We apologize for any inconvenience and request your patience and understanding when this occurs.
- Also, often due to castings or other work issues, every so often a guest will need to push an event back 30 minutes or so on the same evening. You must plan for this contingency when registering. If a guest needs to change an event date entirely, we will provide immediate notification and if you are unable to attend the rescheduled date, you will receive a full refund, minus any fees taken by the payment method of your choice (for example, Paypal does not refund its $0.30 transaction fee).
- I do NOT send confirmation emails for events – you are expected to check http://www.ltmvoiceoverclasses.com as your class or event approaches to reconfirm that you have the correct date, time and location in your calendar. If there are any changes to a class or event once you have registered, we will contact you ASAP by email and/or phone.
- Please be on time, know which guest you will be meeting (do your homework/research! A little preparation goes a long way!) and have any necessary materials prepared! We will not have extra materials on hand!
- For most of my on-mic classes and events, your on-mic work from the class and/or a full recording of the class will usually be recorded and made available for you to download afterwards. Due to the occasional technical error, we cannot guarantee the availability of all recordings. Therefore we offer the ability to keep your samples from classes and events strictly as a courtesy.
- Under NO circumstances are students permitted to record classes themselves without specific permission. Full class/session recordings are often made available. These recordings are ONLY for use of the student registered for any particular class, and are provided for personal reference ONLY. They are not to be shared with ANY other party.
- Under no circumstances shall I (Melanie Ehrlich), Listen To Melanie, LTM Voiceover Classes, my employees or my contractors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that may result in any way from your use or inability to use the information provided on this or any other web site supported or maintained by Melanie Ehrlich or Listen To Melanie, or from your reliance on or use of information, services or merchandise provided on or through the web site or that result from mistakes, errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, deletion of files, delays in operation or transmission or any failure of performance. If you are dissatisfied with the information provided on this web site, or with any of the practices of Melanie Ehrlich and/or Listen To Melanie in the operation of this web site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the web site.